Governor L. Bradford Prince Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the official papers of L. Bradford Prince (1889-1893). Reports pertain to various territorial agencies and institutions. Special reports and issues discuss the Indians of New Mexico, the White Caps of San Miguel County (a vigilante group that protested Anglo encroachment on the land), statehood, and other issues. Penal papers consist of rewards for wanted men, pardons, commutations, and extraditions.
- New Mexico. Governor (1889-1893 : Prince) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Access to original materials restricted; Use microfilm only (Territorial Archives of New Mexico).
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
L. Bradford Prince served as Governor of the Territory of New Mexico, 1889-1893.
46.5 Linear Feet
Organized into nine series:
- I. Correspondence
- II. Appointments
- III. Resignations
- IV. Proclamations
- V. Reports to the Governor
- VI. Reports from the Governor to the Secretary of the Interior
- VII. Messages from the Governor to the Legislative Assembly
- VIII. Special reports and issues
- IX. Penal papers
Available on microfilm as part of the Territorial Archives of New Mexico (Roll 103-124).
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Annual reports
- Bounties --New Mexico
- Extradition -- New Mexico
- Governors --New Mexico
- Indians of North America --New Mexico
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950
- Pardon --New Mexico
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922
- San Miguel County (N.M.) --History
- Territorial records
- Vigilantes --New Mexico--San Miguel County
- Inventory of the Governor L. Bradford Prince Papers, 1889-1893
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-088::Governor L. Bradford Prince Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-088.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.