Governor Marsh Giddings Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of official papers of Governor Giddings. Included are one report to the governor dated 1871 and penal papers. Penal papers contain pardons, requests for pardons, reprieves, and requisitions for extraditions.
Language of Materials
Access to original materials restricted; Use microfilm only (Territorial Archives of New Mexico).
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Marsh Giddings was born in Connecticut in 1816. He was appointed Governor of the Territory of New Mexico by President Ulysses S. Grant in 1871. He served until his death in 1875.
.25 Linear Feet
Available on microfilm as part of the Territorial Archives of New Mexico (Roll 98).
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
There are no Letters Received or Letters Sent extant for Marsh Giddings' tenure in office
- Inventory of the Governor Marsh Giddings Papers, 1871-1875
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-083::Governor Marsh Giddings Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-083.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.