Governor John Munroe Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of official papers of Governor Munroe: one proclamation announcing a constitutional convention in New Mexico. This item is the only extant record in official custody.
Language of Materials
Access to original materials restricted; Use microfilm only (Territorial Archives of New Mexico).
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Munroe was a military officer who succeeded Colonel John M.. Washington as Governor of New Mexico in 1849. Munroe was replaced by James S. Calhoun, who was appointed in 1852.
.25 Linear Feet
Available on microfilm as part of the Territorial Archives of New Mexico (Roll 98).
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Governor John Munroe Papers, 1850
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-074::Governor John Munroe Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-074.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.