Margretta S. Dietrich Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists primarily of correspondence and newspaper clippings concerning the activities of Margretta S. Dietrich in Nebraska and New Mexico. Includes a series of letters sent by Edith Warner to Dietrich each Christmas from 1944 to 1951 describing the years events in the area of San Ildefonso Pueblo in northern New Mexico. Several of the letters briefly describe activities at Los Alamos National Laboratory in the early 1940s. Collection also includes a folder of biographical materials on Dietrich, and a folder of correspondence between Dietrichs secretary Sylvia Loomis and Oliver Wendell Holmes of the National Archives concerning Dietrichs custodianship of the private papers of Herbert J. Hagerman, Special Commissioner to Southwest Indians in the 1920s and 1930s and former governor of New Mexico Territory, 1906-1907.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Dietrich was president of the New Mexico Association on Indian Affairs from 1932 to 1953. She was also active in many civic and cultural organizations in Santa Fe, serving as a trustee of the Laboratory of Anthropology and the School of American Research. Dietrich lived in Nebraska before moving to New Mexico.
.25 Linear Feet
Photographs received with the collection are housed and cataloged separately.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Margretta S. Dietrich Papers, 1915-1961
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by James Purdy.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-048::Margretta S. Dietrich Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-048.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.