Governor William Carr Lane Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of official papers of Governor Lane. Includes letters sent and received, one proclamation, and a message from Carr to the Legislative Assembly.
Language of Materials
Access to original materials restricted; Use microfilm only (Territorial Archives of New Mexico).
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Lane was appointed Governor in 1852 and resigned in 1853 to become a candidate for Congressional Delegate, an election he lost to Jose Manuel Gallegos.
.25 Linear Feet
Organized into four series:
- I. Letters received
- II. Letters sent
- III. Proclamation
- IV. Miscellaneous
Available on microfilm as part of the Territorial Archives of New Mexico (Roll 98).
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Governor William Carr Lane Papers, 1852-1853
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1959-007::Governor William Carr Lane Papers)//EN" "nmar1959-007.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.