Quay County, N.M. Records,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the records of Quay County, New Mexico (1903-1990). Included are county clerk school district election records (1986-1990), a county commissioners petition (1918-1919), justice of the peace records for one case (1904), probate court records for two cases (1914, 1931), and assessment records (1903-1912).
- 1903-1990 (bulk, 1903-1931)
Language of Materials
Documents are fragile. Use microfilm if possible.
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Formerly parts of Guadalupe, San Miguel, and Union Counties, New Mexico, Quay County was created in 1903.
4 microfilm rolls (0.25 linear feet)
Collection is organized into five series:
- I. County Clerk
- II. County Assessor
- III. County Commissioners
- IV. Justice of the Peace
- V. Probate Court
Some records are available on microfilm.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Quay County, N.M. Records, 1903-1990 (bulk, 1903-1931)
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Daphne S.O. Arnaiz-DeLeon
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1989-010::Quay County, N.M. Records)//EN" "nmar1989-010.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).