Skip to main content

Accession Book, 1931-1934

 File — Box: 3

Scope and Content

From the Collection: This collection contains accession lists, minutes of the library’s Administrative Council, general files covering the day-to-day operation of the library, and special projects and developments, from the library’s establishment in 1897 to the present.

The university library was first housed (1897-1935) in Springer Hall. From 1935 to 1966 it occupied the second floor of the Thomas C. Rodgers Library and Administration Building. In 1966 it moved to independent quarters, the Thomas C. Donnelly Library. A history of the library, entitled The Library Book, A History of the New Mexico Highlands University Library, authored by Cate M. Fitzmaurice, was published (Las Vegas, New Mexico Highlands University) in 1997.

Library directors during the history of the university have included:

Richard Powell 1898-1903

Margaret Healy 1903-1910

Millie Ellison 1910-1911

Arthur Van Horne 1911-1921

Mary L. Holt 1922-1923

Vinnie C. Burton 1923-1924

Vivian Hedgecock 1925-1959

William S. Wallace 1960-1972

Raul C. Herrera 1972-1992

Ruben A. Aragon 1992-


  • 1931-1934

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Access Restrictions



From the Collection: 13 boxes (6 linear ft.)

Repository Details

Part of the New Mexico Highlands University Repository