Robert Harcourt Papers
Scope and Content
The strength of this collection lie in the newsclippings and various publications documented by Harcourt, all related to IAIA activities during the 1980s and 1990s. Particularly interesting is the discussion of administrative oversight, organization, financial problems, and student protest during the 1990s, documented in various newspapers and magazines collected by Harcourt.
Biographies, articles, awards, and other materials regarding IAIA students and alumni abound in this collection. The publications of IAIA are also well represented in this collection, including "Newswinds", "Art Winds", and "Drumbeat".
The collection is consistently updated and added to by the collector. It is an open accession.
- 1962-Present 1990-Present
3.0 Cubic Feet
4 boxes (2 cu. ft) The collection is located on the campus of IAIA, Santa Fe, New Mexico. The archives are located in the Library & Technology Center.
Language of Materials
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Exhibitions.
- Indian art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Indian art -- North America -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Indian art -- Southwest, New.
- Indian arts -- North America -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Indian arts -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe.
- Indian arts -- United States -- 20th century.
- Institute of American Indian Arts.
- Institute of American Indian Arts.; Museum.
- Guide to the Robert Harcourt Papers, 1962-Present IAIA.MS.008
- Finding aid prepared by Ryan S. Flahive
- © 2016
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.
Part of the Institute of American Indian Arts Repository