Mary Haughton Harroun Collection of New Mexico Folktales
Identifier: AC 102-P
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the private papers of Mary Houghton Harroun, 1892-1916. Included are: typescript translations of New Mexico folktales; some correspondence; some clippings; and a publication of Spanish customs and folklore.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Mary Houghton Harroun was a resident of Santa Fe, New Mexico and a collector and translator of New Mexican folktales. She was married to Dr. Williams S. Harroun and her son was Philip E. Harroun.
Photographs received with collection are housed in the Photo Archives and cataloged separately.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Mary Haughton Harroun Collection of New Mexico Folktales, 1892-1916
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 102-P::Mary Haughton Harroun Collection of New Mexico Folktales)//EN" "nmsm1ac102-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.