Jake Gold Ledger,
Identifier: AC 094-S
Scope and Content
Collection consists of a bound visitors' register for the Gold's Free Museum and Curiosity Shop, which has pasted on its pages correspondence, itemized lists of merchandise, freight bills, and checks of various Indian trading business, 1892-1899. The visitors' register covers the years 1892-1894 and the business records are dated 1899. Two prominent figures in the correspondence are Herman Lowitzki of Santa Fe, New Mexico and the W.G. Walz Co. of El Paso, Texas. Jake Gold was the owner of the Gold's Free Museum and Curiosity Shop, est. 1862 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He was also the manager of J.S. Candelario's curio shop in Santa Fe, New Mexico until 1903.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Jake Gold Ledger, 1892-1899
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 094-S::Jake Gold Ledger)//EN" "nmsm1ac094-s.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.