Hipolite Dumas Certificate of Appointment
Identifier: AC 068-P
Scope and Content
A certificate of appointment issued to Hipolite Dumas, commissioning Dumas as a 1st. Lieutenant in the Corps of Engineers, signed by President James Madison and Secretary of War James Monroe, January 3, 1815. The vellum certificate, with printed and handwritten notes has an accompanying wax seal.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Hipolite Dumas, French by birth, was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in the Corps of Engineers on 3 August 1813. He rose to the rank of 1st Lieutenant in 1814 and Captain on 31 March 1819. Captain Dumas resigned his commission on 1 January 1825 and died on 7 February 1844.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Hipolite Dumas Certificate of Appointment, 1815
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 068-P::Hipolite Dumas Certificate of Appointment)//EN" "nmsm1ac068-P.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.