Robert W. Denny Collection of Rough Rider Memorabilia
Identifier: AC 061
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the Rough Rider memorabilia collected by Robert W. Denny, as a former Rough Rider and Secretary- Treasurer of Roosevelt's Rough Rider Association, 1898-1955. Included are: a copy and explanations of a card index listing the names of the men who served as Rough Riders (the orginal card index is at Roosevelt's memorial home in New York City); photocopies of four photographs, 1898-1912; two copies of a publication on Rough Riders produced by Roosevelt's Rough Rider Association, with Denny's notations and related clippings, 1898- 1912; a publication consisting of a memorial to Lieutenant-Colonel Charles W. Whittlesey, commander of the "Lost Battalion", and the Lost Battalion works of "Buck Private" (L.C. McCollum), 1919; a thank you letter from Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1955; and correspondence pertaining to Denny's collection.
- Majority of material found in 1898-1912
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Robert W. Denny, once a resident of Raton, New Mexico, was a Rough Rider during the Spanish-American War.
1 Linear foot
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Robert W. Denny Collection of Rough Rider Memorabilia, 1898-1955
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 061::Robert W. Denny Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac061.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.