Fray Angelico Chavez History Library and Palace of the Governors Photo Archives Building Plans
Identifier: AC 590-OV
Scope and Content
Collection contains blueprints and blueline prints of 120 Washington Ave., Santa Fe, N.M. from 1963-1995. During this time the building first housed the Santa Fe Public Library and then subsequently the Fray Angélico Chávez History Library and Palace of the Governors Photo Archives.
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
On March 3, 1903 the City of Santa Fe granted land to the Woman’s Board of Trade and Library Association for construction of a public library at 120 Washington Ave. The brick and brownstone Spanish mission style building was completed in 1908 and was equipped with electricity and steam heat. It was remodeled in 1932-33, with the help of architect John Gaw Meem, and again in 1963. In 1987, the Santa Fe Public Library relocated, and shortly thereafter plans began to move the New Mexico History Museum's Library into the space. From 1995-1996, the building was once again remodeled. As part of this renovation, the façade was restored to John Meem’s design of ca. 1932-33. The museum's Fray Angélico Chávez History Library and Palace of the Governor Photo Archives moved to the new site, and opened on November 7, 1996.
3 Oversize Folders
- Finding Aid of the Fray Angélico Chávez History Library and Palace of the Governors Photo Archives Building Plans, 1963-1995
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2014
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.