McFie "Rough Rider" Letter
Identifier: AC 625-p
Scope and Content
Letter is dated July 25, 1898 and was written by McFie to his cousin May De Mier of Las Cruces. In it, McFie writes about his troop's efforts during the Battle of San Juan Hill and subsequent illness which he describes as malaria.
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research. Letter is yellowed and torn at the creases.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Biography / History
Ralph E. McFie of Las Cruces, NM served as an enlisted man with "Roosevelt's Rough Riders" during the Spanish-American War, 1898, stationed in/near Santiago, Cuba.
- Finding Aid of the McFie "Rough Rider" Letter, 1898
- Edited Full Draft
- © 2015
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.