Marinell Ash Collection,
Identifier: AC 385
Scope and Content
The collection contains essays by Marinell Ash, correspondence, family trust papers, and her research papers on Scotland and New Mexico. Included are BBC scripts and publications of the programs. There are also genealogies, family photos, and newsclippings about family members. Her grandfather was Alvin C. Ash (1871-1946) who was a United States Custom Official and a Rough Rider with Theodore Roosevelt. Some of his letters, biographical material, and newsclippings are also in the collection.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Marinell Ash was born in 1941 in Ventura, California, and lived and studied in that state until she went a year abroad to study in Scotland. She continued her studies in Great Britain. She worked for the BBC for eleven years as a radio producer in the Education department with a special responsibility for history programs. In 1983, she began a career as a freelance author, researcher, broadcaster, and lecturer. She died on December 20, 1988 of breast cancer.
2.5 Linear Feet
- AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5053
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Marinell Ash Collection, 1891-1988
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC385::Marinell Ash Collection)//EN" "nmsm1#AC 358.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.