Jeremiah Iowa Architectural Collection,
Identifier: AC 358
Scope and Content
Collection consists of originals and copies of Iowa's architectural design work in the Santa Fe area and a few designs elsewhere. Major construction efforts include the Santa Clara Pueblo Senior Center and La Posada Resort in Santa Fe. There are a number of photographs related to his design work. Collection also contains material related to "The Center Space," a display mounted at the Palace of the Governors, Santa Fe, centering on Pueblo architecture. Iowa was the guest curator for the exhibit. Some material is located with the map collection.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Jeremiah Iowa was an architect in Santa Fe, New Mexico, for 20 years. He received fellowships to the Netherlands and to places in North Africa. His major interest was in adobe and historic Southwest preservation design. He published several books on adobe architecture.
12 linear feet and 7 folders (in map drawers)
- AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5053
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Jeremiah Iowa Architectural Collection, 1976-1992
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC358::Jeremiah Iowa Architectural Collection)//EN" "nmsm1#AC 358.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.