Rough Riders Association and Reunion Collection
Identifier: AC 351
Scope and Content
Collection contains minutes of meetings, the constitution and by laws, lists of members, programs and newpaper articles related to the Rough Riders. Some material relates to the establsihment of a Rough Rider Museum at Las Vegas, NM. Miscellaneous materials related to Mrs Ozella Love Todhunter are also included. Mrs. Todhunter was the widow of a veteran and Assistant Secretary of the Association for a number of years. An interesting item is the menu for the Trinidad, CO German prisoner of war camp for October 1945.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Rough Riders were a miltary unit organized by Theodore Roosevelt who fought in the Spanish American War of 1898. The surviving veterans formed an organization that met frequently, eventually selecting Las Vegas, NM as the location for the annual meeting of the Association. Part of the activities included a rodeo.
.75 Linear Feet
A photograph of the veterans that attended the 1958 reunion has been deposited in the Photo Archive. Individuals are identified.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Rough Riders Association and Reunion Collection, 1935-1966
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 351::Rough Riders Association and Reunion Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac351.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.