Coalition for Prisoners' Rights Records
Identifier: AC 324
Scope and Content
Collection consists of correspondence papers, newsletters, articles, memorandums, and legislation regarding the rights of women and men incarcerated in prisons in the United States, Canada, Egypt and Israel. Additionally, this collection contains anonymous letters of prisoners regarding prison conditions, harassment, legal aid, vocational training, and conjugal visits, as well as censorship and mail regulations, and notes and literature pertaining to the Committee to Stop Executions and the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Coalition for Prisoners' Rights is a non-profit, volunteer organization formed in Santa Fe, New Mexico, in the summer of 1976, as an outgrowth of what was then called the Women's Prison Project. It is administered by a small core group, and has a small, informal membership which includes formerly incarcerated people, people who have been involved in educational and other service programs for prisoners and parolees, prisoners' family members, and legal workers. The goal of the organization is to analyze and publicize the penal system as it functions in society, and to work for prison change. Additionally, the organization produces and distributes a monthly newsletter, and assists in demonstrations, rallies and trials.
4 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- New Mexico History Museum
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Capital punishment - United States
- Coalition for Prisoners' Rights
- Death row inmates - United States
- Prison Violence -- New Mexico
- Prison abolitionist
- Prisoners - Legal status, law, etc.
- Prisoners -- Texas
- Prisons - Law and legislation - New Mexico
- Prisons - New Mexico - Design and construction
- Women prisoners - United States - New Mexico
- Guide to the Coalition for Prisoners' Rights Records, 1973-(open)
- Processed by Library Staff
- Â©2002, Â©2005; Â©2013
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico History Museum::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 324::Coalition for Prisoners Rights Records)//EN" "nmsm1ac324.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.