Wilhelm Ostertun Collection,
Identifier: AC 301-p
Scope and Content
Collection consists of letters Wilhelm Ostertun wrote to his family in Germany about his experiences in Santa Fe, New Mexico. They are typed transcriptions of the originals. Included is a translated copy of a resolution adopted by Montezuma Lodge No.109, honoring Wilhelm Ostertun.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Wilhelm Ostertun (aka William Osterton) was a German immigrant who came to New Mexico in 1853. He was a bookkeeper for the firm of Johnson and Wethered in Santa Fe. At the time of his death he was Treasurer of the Territory of New Mexico.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- New Mexico History Museum
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Wilhelm Ostertun Collection, 1853-1863
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 301-p::Wilhelm Ostertun Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac301-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.