Carrie Arnold Collection,
Identifier: AC 289
Scope and Content
This collection consists of Carrie Arnold's original manuscripts and illustrative art work on the history of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, copies of the published materials she used in her research including Palace records from Archivo General de Indios, B.M. Read's Illustrated History of New Mexico and Sidelights of New Mexican History, and J.K. Shiskin's Unquiet Centuries, as well as copies of historical information she gathered on the history of Santa Fe, forts, presidios, J.S. Candelario's postcards, Bent's Fort and other western sites and people who interested her. This collection also contains the minutes from Los Compadres del Palacio, 1987-1997, and notes on the 1989 Tile Wall Project in the Fray Angelico Chavez History Library.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Artist, historian and businesswoman, Carrie Forman Arnold was born in Greeley, Colorado, May 25,1944, daughter of James (Quin) and Dorothy Sweet Forman. She attended the University of Northern Colorado as an art major. She married Samuel P. Arnold, May 2, 1971. Together, the Arnolds owned and operated The Fort Restaurant near Morrison, Colorado. Carrie's interest in historical research ranged from the mountain man period, to the railroads of Colorado, to the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico. She presented papers at the New Mexico Historical Conference, the 1995 Palace of the Governors Rendezvous, and at the 1993 Santa Fe Trail Symposium. Her essay on the Palace of the Governors appeared in Santa Fe: History of an Ancient City, edited by David Grant Noble, published by the School of American Research. She was a member of Los Compadres del Palacio, 1987-1997. Carrie died of breast cancer December 13, 1998.
7.5 Linear Feet
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- New Mexico History Museum
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Carrie Arnold Collection, 1987-1997
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- ©2002, updated ©2008
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico History Museum::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 289::Carrie Arnold Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac289.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.