Spanish Archives of New Mexico Translations,
Identifier: AC 229
Scope and Content
Collection consists of typed English translations of selected documents from Series I and II of the Spanish Archives of New Mexico. Series I consists of land records, and Series II consists of government documents. For most of the documents, the W.P.A. translator is not identified.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Works Progress Administration was a major New Deal program of the 1930s. In the mid to late 1930s, scholars under the W.P.A. in New Mexico translated into English many documents from the Spanish Archives of New Mexico that were first organized and indexed by Ralph E. Twitchell in 1914.
6 Linear Feet
Additional Finding Aid
WPA translations follow the numbering system used in Ralph Emerson Twitchell, The Spanish Archives of New Mexico. Copies of this two-volume set are available at the Fray Angélico Chávez History Library and at the other member libraries of the OANM consortium.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Spanish Archives of New Mexico Translations, n.d.
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 229::Spanish Archives of New Mexico Translations)//EN" "nmsm1ac229.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.