The Chili Club Papers
Identifier: AC 201
Scope and Content
Collection of papers on a wide variety of historical and current topics such as art, architecture, medicine, politices, social programs, and business matters presented by members of the Chili Club at their monthly meetings from 1938 to the present. Also included are a constitution, members’ correspondence, obituaries and memorials, photographs, and other miscellaneous papers.
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Biography or History
The Chili Club was established in 1938 by a group of prominent Santa Fe men. The original name was AXIS, but that was soon changed with the advent of World War II. The clubs’ twelve members, with diverse professional backgrounds such as architecture, art, business, education, engineering, journalism, law, medicine, ministry, and writing, presented papers and discussed human problems for mutual benefit. If a member drops out of the club, a unanimous vote of the remaining members is required to replace him. There are no officers, just a two-member steering committee, chosen by majority vote, which looks after programs and affairs for a term of one year.
3 Linear Feet
- Fray Angelico Chavez History Library
- P.O. Box 2087
- The Palace of the Governors
- Santa Fe, NM 87504-2087
- Phone: 505-476-5090
- Fax: 505.476.5053
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Inventory of the The Chili Club Papers, 1938-2004
- Processed by Dan
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English[OCLC 64431737]
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.