Riley and Betty Parker Clippings Collection
Identifier: AC 191-p
Scope and Content
This collection consists of news clippings from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer relative to the 4 July 1912 heavyweight championship bout in Las Vegas, New Mexico between Jim Flynn [Andrew Chiariglione] of Pueblo, Colorado and the first black title holder, John Arthur "Jack" Johnson of Chicago, Illinois. Included with some of these clippings are syndicated satirical and racial cartoons by R. Edgren of The New York World.
- ca. 1880-1912
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Riley and Betty Parker were the proprietors of Chaparral Books in Santa Fe.
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Riley and Betty Parker Clippings Collection, ca. 1880-1912
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico History Museum::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 191-p::Riley and Betty Parker Clippings Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac191-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.