Lawrence Clark Powell Southwest Broadside Collection
Identifier: AC 183-P
Scope and Content
Collection consists of nine broadsides (Numbers 1-5, and 7-10) from the "Southwest series sponsored by Powell in the 1950s for distribution to his friends and family. Each broadside was designed and printed by a notable printer such as Grant Dahlstrom or Carl Hertzog, and featured an excerpt from the work of a prominent Southwest author. The authors represented in the broadsides are Will Levington Comfort, Patricia Paylore, J. Frank Dobie (on three broadsides), Haniel Long, Mary Austin, Charles Lummis, and David Lavender.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Powell was head librarian at UCLA and wrote several books on the literature of the American Southwest.
.1 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Lawrence Clark Powell Southwest Broadside Collection, 1953-1956
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 183-P::Lawrence Clark Powell Southwest Broadside Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac183-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.