Museum of Fine Arts Correspondence,
Identifier: AC 154
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the correspondence between the Museum of Fine Arts and various artists and their families (1910-1978). Correspondence pertains to exhibits, donations of artwork, and repairs to artwork loaned to the Museum. Some of the artists represented in this collection are Gustave Baumann, Oscar E. Beringhaus, Donald Beauregard, Georgia O'Keeffe (1 letter), and John Sloan. Included in the Beauregard correspondence are letters addressed to Edgar L. Hewett (director of the Museum of New Mexico) in which Beauregard seeks employment with Hewett's expedition along the Rio Grande in the 1910s.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Museum of Fine Arts is one of the museums within the Museum of New Mexico, a subordinate unit of the Office of Cultural Affairs.
.5 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
Letters of the following artists are included in this collection:
|Abeyta, Narcisco||Fagger, Alfeo||Lowney, Bruce|
|Antreasian, Garo||Ganther, Louise||McCall, Lou|
|Augerson, Philip||Gibberd, Eric||McVey, William|
|Balink, Henry||Goff, Glynn||O'Keeffe, Georgia|
|Baumann, Gustave||Goodmann, William||Phillips, Bert|
|Beauregard, Donald||Hennings, Martin E.||Ribak, Louis|
|Beurimo, Thomas||Herrera (Chavez), Margaret||Rollins, Warren|
|Bergt, Mike||Hiler, Hilaire||Rush, Oliva|
|Berninghaus, Oscar E.||Hunter, Russel V.||Schooley, Elmer|
|Blodgett, George W.||Jewell, Foster||Scott, Sam|
|Burns, Andy||Johnson, Raymond||Selig, G. Michael|
|Calcagno, Lawrence||Kindred, John Cortez||Sloan, John|
|Castagno, John||King, Clinton||Springer, Eva|
|Colby, Vincent||Kloss, Gene||Sussman, Arthur|
|Cook, Howard||Kroll, Leon||Tatschl, John|
|Du Jardin, Gussie||Kuhler, Otto||Tubis, Seymour|
|Egri, Ted||LaChapelle, Greg||Van Soelen, Theodore|
- Guide to the Museum of Fine Arts Correspondence, 1910-1978
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 154::Museum of Fine Arts Correspondence)//EN" "nmsm1ac154.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.