John J. Peck Papers,
Identifier: AC 128-P
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
John James Peck was born in New York State from whence he received an appointment to West Point Military Academy and subsequently graduated eighth in a class of thirty-nine on 1 July 1839. His military career was as follows: Breveted 2nd Lieutenant, 2nd Artillery on 1 July 1843; 2nd Lieutenant, 16 April 1846; 1st Lieutenant, 3 March 1847; Breveted Captain, 20 August 1847 for gallant and meritorious conduct in the battles of Contreras and Churubusco, Mexico; Major, 8 September 1847 for gallant and meritorious conduct in the battle of Molino del Rey, Mexico; Resigned his commission, 31 March 1853; Brigadier General of volunteers, 9 August 1861; Major General of volunteers, 4 July 1862; Honorably mustered out of service, 24 August 1865. Peck died in Syracuse, New York on 21 April 1878.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the John J. Peck Papers, 1851-1852
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 128-P::John J. Peck Papers)//EN" "nmsm1ac128-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.