John L. Kessell Collection
Identifier: AC 122
Scope and Content
Collection consists primarily of photocopies of Spanish colonial documents concerning the "Salinas Missions" of Chilili, Tajique, Quari, and Abo, New Mexico. Most of the original documents are located at the Archivo General de la Nacional in Mexico City. Collection also includes photocopies of typed manuscripts and typed and handwritten research notes by Kessell on the Salinas Missions. Photocopies. Material is in Spanish.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Kessell is a historian and professor emeritus at the University of New Mexico.
1.2 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the John L. Kessell Collection, 1582-1981
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 122::John L. Kessell Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac122.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.