Frank Averill and May Wickham Averill Letters
Identifier: AC 010
Scope and Content
Collection consists of letters, 1906-1910. The bulk of the letters were written by Frank Averill to his future wife, May Wickham, 1906-1907. These letters discuss mining in Huron, Arizona; daily events and weather in Huron, Arizona; and Frank Averill and May Wickham's marriage plans. Letters dated 1910 are written by Mamie Wittick Maxwell and Claude Wittick to May Wickham Averill and express their sympathy at the death of their brother Frank Averill.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Frank Averill was born Tom Wittick, the son of Ben Wittick and Frances Averill. He married May Wickham from Phoenix, Arizona in 1907, continued to work mining claims in the Huron, Arizona area, and was shot in Prescott, Arizona in 1910.
.25 Linear Feet
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Frank Averill and May Wickham Averill Letters, 1906-1910
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 010::Frank Averill and May Wickham Averill Letters)//EN" "nmsm1ac010.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.