Mary Austin Letters
Identifier: AC 009-P
Scope and Content
Collection consists of typescript originals and carbon copies of personal and professonal letters of Mary Austin, 1931-1932. Personal letters include: one addressed to Mrs. Thomas Wood Stevens that discusses marriage and the completion of her autobiography, 1932; and one addressed to Elizabeth that discusses Austin's health and the closing of the Spanish Arts Shop, 1933. Professional letters consist of correspondence during 1931 from Mary Austin and her secretary Harriet V. Noble to Mrs. Julia Brown Apslund concerning a bibliography of Southwestern titles and two letters from Mrs. Julia Brown Apslund to Mary Austin thanking her for the bibliography. Also included is a handwritten note signed Rachel, without salutation or date.
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 (Person)
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Mary H. Austin was a novelist and a resident of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Mary Austin Letters, 1931-1933
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 009-P::Mary Austin Letters)//EN" "nmsm1ac009-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.